Marshmallow Treats have been a favorite of kids of all ages for many years. Simple and inexpensive to make, everyone loves these tasty treats. One recipe is rarely enough to keep up with the serving demand. If you and your children decide to make this one, you may want to at least double the recipe.
- 60g (2.10 oz) butter
- 200g (7 oz) miniature marshmallows
- 140g (5 oz) crisp rice cereal
- Butter a 13 x 9 inch pan and set aside.
- In a large sauce pan, melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the marshmallows and stir until they are melted and well-blended.
- Cook for 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat. Add the cereal and stir until it is well coated.
- Butter a spatula and use to press the mixture evenly and firmly into the pan. Cool.
- Cut into 2 x 2 inch squares.
- This recipe makes 24 servings.