Cherry Bars are a wonderful all-round dessert and treat for adult gatherings as well as kids’ parties. They can also serve as tasty snacks with milk or hot tea. Elegant or fun, these bars cover it all. Give it a try and you’ll see.
- 225g (8 oz) of butter, softened
- 400g (14 oz) of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5ml (.16 fl oz) of vanilla extract
- 1ml (.03 fl oz) of almond extract
- 375g (13.2 oz) of all purpose flour
- 150 gr mixed seeds
- 6g (.20 oz) of salt
- 1200g ( 42 oz) cherry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Grease baking pan. In a mixing bowl, place butter and sugar.
- Cream together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one.
- Add the vanilla and almond, beating to mix. In another bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add this to the creamed mixture. Mix together until it is combined.
- Spread 750ml of the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Spread this with the pie filling. Drop the remaining batter over the pie filling by teaspoonfuls. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clear. Cool on a wire rack.
Once you try out these recipes, you will find out just out delicious they are. The first time you serve them to others, you can bet they will be in demand for all social events unless you decide to give out your recipes to others and let them make the desserts.
Banana Split Cake
Banana Splits are a very popular and well-known ice cream dessert, but did you know it can also be done as a cake? It can and the recipe for how to create this amazing colourful and delicious desert is right here.
- 250g (8.8 oz) of all purpose flour
- 400g (14.10 oz) of margarine, softened
- 60g (2.10 oz) of pecans, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 250g (8.8 oz) confectioners’ sugar
- 6 Bananas
- 500g (17.5 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 500g (17.5 oz) of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 400g of margarine, and chopped pecans. Mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. In another large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the margarine, eggs, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Use an electric mixer and beat for 6 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
- Spread this over the cooled crust.
- Slice the bananas and arrange over the filling.
- Cover all with the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- This recipe makes 24 servings.