Poha is Indian snack made by frying dehusked rice flakes. It can be called as ‘Indian’ take on Western cereal breakfast.
Here is a tastier version of the Poha, with nuts, veggies and spices. This is generally served as breakfast or snack.
Preparation Time: 5 mins
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Poha: 2 cups
- Onion: 1 small (finely chopped)
- Carrots: 1/2 small (finely chopped)
- Groundnuts: 15-16
- Mustard Seeds: 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder: 1/2 tsp
- Salt: to taste
- Green chillies: 2
- Curry leaves: few sprigs
- Coriander leaves: 1/4 cup (chopped)
1. Wash poha after soaking in water for a while and drain all the excess water.
2. In a frying pan, heat oil and add mustard seed. Let them to splutter.
3. Then add groundnuts and fry for few seconds.
4. Now add onions, carrot, green chillies, turmeric powder, salt and curry leaves and fry them until golden brown.
5. Now add poha to it, mix well and let it cook for 5 minutes on a low heat.
6. Poha is ready to serve.