I disappeared for a while, but I guess that’s not a big problem, as I am sure you can find a lot of other recipe online much better than mines…. Anyway I was invited to participate in a recipe exchange which is kind of a cool thing: you send e-mails to 20 Friends and they send it to another 20 friends and they send you a mail with a recipe, and theoretically you should receive 36 recipe back….. I am still waiting for mine…. In the mean time this is the recipe I sent. Last time I cooked it for a Halloween party and it had a huge success!
Recipe exchange and pork loin
- Pork loin (1 to 2lb dpending on how many guest you want to impress)
- 15-20 pitted prunes
- about 10 slices of bacon
- 1 or 2 apples
- about a cup of milk
- about a spoon of butter
- For the roast take the pork loin and with a sharp long narrow knife make create 2 or 3 long and narrow pockets that run lengthwise trough the pork. Stuff the prunes in the holes. Wrap the loin in bacon and tie everything so that the bacon doesn’t move and the loin keeps its round shape while cooking (I used to skip this step but now I think it is quite important).
- Season the pork with salt, pepper and if you like it a bit of rosemary, don’t overdo the seasoning there is plenty of flavor in the bacon, I often skip the salt completely. Put the bacon-wrapped loin in an oven dish with a tiny bit of oil (the bacon will render a lot of fat) and place everything in the oven at 380-400F for about 1 and 1/2 hour (don’t worry you cannot really overdo this so when in doubt leave the roast in for an extra 10 minutes), if the bacon becomes too dark too fast just turn the oven down to 350-360F. You will need to turn the roast a couple of times during the cooking time to make sure the bacon gets evenly crispy.
- For the apple sauce, melt the butter in a large skillet and when it is golden brown add the apples sliced thinly and let them caramelize. After about 5 min blend the apples into a thick sauce adding as much milk as you need to make it creamy but not thin.
- Serve the roast with the apple sauce and enjoy!
- I know this recipe might sound weird but give it a try, you might be surprised! Plus I guarantee it makes you look like a top chef!
- Hope you’ll enjoy it