One of my favorite thing to eat in summer are roasted vegetables. They are great for a number of reasons: they’reÂ healthy, fresh, light and in summer they taste great. Also they can be made ahead, and can be cooked in the oven, on the stove or on the grill.
I like marinating my roasted veggies, and each vegetable deserve its own. For peppers, I like to put in a bit of capers and a bit of anchovies. The saltiness of those ingredients balances off the sweetness of the peppers and yields a great side dish for red meat.
Marinated roasted peppers
- 2-3 peppers yellow and red
- 1 spoon capers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 5 anchovies
- goat cheese (optio
- Start by roasting your peppers. You can do it however you prefer, I washed mine and cooked them whole in the oven for about 30 minutes using the broiling function. Grill would work great as well if you have it on for cooking some meat.
- When the peppers are cooked, put them in a paper bag or a Ziploc, close it and let them cool down. This will make peeling much easier.
- In a small pan, warm up some oil and add in the crushed garlic and the anchovies. Let cook until the anchovies are melted and the garlic is soft. Add in the capers and the oregano and cook for another couple of minutes.
- At this point the pepper should be cool enough to be handled. Skin them, clean them and cut them in stripes.
- Arrange on a platter and dress with the warm dressing. Season to taste with salt and pepper and, if you like it, add a bit of goat cheese. Check before adding the salt as most of the ingredients of the dressing are very salty.