Lemon Bars are a favorite at parties, teas, bake sales, or just as family treats. This is an easy to make recipe that turns out tasting like you spent hours in the kitchen. People will beg you to share you secret with them so they can get compliments, too.
- 200g (7 oz) of all purpose flour
- 80g (2.8 oz) confectioners’ sugar
- 170g (6 oz) butter or margarine, softened
- 3 eggs
- 300g (10.5oz) white sugar
- 25g (8.8 oz) all purpose flour
- 60ml (2 fl oz) of lemon juice – fresh squeezed works best
- 40g (1.4 oz) confectioners’ sugar – used for decoration
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Grease a 9×13 inch baking pan and set aside. In a large mixing bowl, combine flour, 80gs Confectioners’ sugar, and the butter.
- Press the dough into the greased pan. Bake this for 20 minutes or until slightly golden in color.
- While the crust is baking, combine the eggs, white sugar, flour, and lemon juice and whisk together until the mixture is frothy.
- Remove baked crust from the oven and pour lemon mixture over the hot crust.
- Put all back into the oven and bake for another 20 – 25 minutes, or until it’s a light golden brown.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. Sprinkle confectioners’ sugar over the top of the lemon bars.
- Cut into squares and serve.
Cherry Bars are a wonderful all-round dessert and treat for adult gatherings as well as kids’ parties. They can also serve as tasty snacks with milk or hot tea. Elegant or fun, these bars cover it all. Give it a try and you’ll see.
- 225g (8 oz) of butter, softened
- 400g (14 oz) of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5ml (.16 fl oz) of vanilla extract
- 1ml (.03 fl oz) of almond extract
- 375g (13.2 oz) of all purpose flour
- 150 gr mixed seeds
- 6g (.20 oz) of salt
- 1200g ( 42 oz) cherry pie filling
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Grease baking pan. In a mixing bowl, place butter and sugar.
- Cream together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one.
- Add the vanilla and almond, beating to mix. In another bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add this to the creamed mixture. Mix together until it is combined.
- Spread 750ml of the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Spread this with the pie filling. Drop the remaining batter over the pie filling by teaspoonfuls. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clear. Cool on a wire rack.
Once you try out these recipes, you will find out just out delicious they are. The first time you serve them to others, you can bet they will be in demand for all social events unless you decide to give out your recipes to others and let them make the desserts.