Breakfast Bread Pudding
You can even make a breakfast pudding. This one is great for the holidays or when you are expecting company for breakfast. It is prepared the night before and is ready to pop into the oven the next morning. While it’s cooking, you can go about doing other things. Breakfast practically makes itself!
- 16 slices of white bread
- 340g (12 oz) of cream cheese, cubed
- 12 Eggs
- 500ml (17 fl oz) of milk
- 80 ml (2.7 fl oz) maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- 2 ½ tablespoons of cinnamon
- 3/4 cups of sugar
- 2 tablespoons of vanilla
- sugar to sprinkle over the top
- Cut crusts from the bread slices and discard.
- Then cut bread into cubes.
- Toss bread cubes lightly with the cream cheese cubes.
- Grease a baking pan.
- Use a large mixing bowl to beat the eggs.
- Add the milk, syrup, salt, cinnamon, sugar and vanilla, and mix well. Pour this over the bread mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Take out of the refrigerator 30 minutes prior to baking.
- Bake uncovered at 190 degrees C for 40 to 45 minutes.
- Insert a knife in the center to check for doneness.
- If it comes out clean, the pudding is done.
- Let it stand for 5 minutes before serving.
- This makes 16 delicious servings.