Jumbo Oatmeal Cookie
This first cookie recipe is perfect to use in place of a birthday cake, or any other special occasion that usually calls for a cake. It is delicious and can be decorated any way you want. For a larger group, the recipe can be doubled or tripled according to how many servings you need.
- 100g (3.5 oz) of all purpose flour
- 60g (2.10 oz) rolled oat
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch baking soda
- 80g (2.8 oz) butter
- 65g (2.3 oz) white sugar
- 75g (2.6 oz) brown sugar, packed
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
- In another mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and mix until well blended. Gradually add in the dry mixture.
- Stir well until all is thoroughly mixed. Lightly grease and flour a pizza pan. Press the cookie mixture onto the pan.
- Chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins can be added by pressing them into the dough once it is spread on the pizza pan.
- Bake the cookie in the oven for 12 to 15 minutes, or until cookie is lightly browned.
- Allow cookie to cool for 10 to 15 minutes in the pan on a rack. Loosen the cookie very carefully with a spatula.
- Cookie may be left in the pan but to serve whole, as in a birthday cake, you will need to slide it out of the pan and continue to cool on the rack.
- Decorate cooled cookie with any type of frosting desired.
- One cookie makes 12 servings.