Pulao is an Indian Rice preparation. Narkel Pulao is one of such typical Indian Rice Recipe that have evolved and modified with time. This usually served as main course.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes (excluding soaking time)
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- 500gm Basmati rice boiled in water
- 1 cup of Coconut scraped
- 1 teaspoon of Bulir dal (soaked in water for 4-5 hours) also known as Black gram
- 1/2 teaspoon of Cholar dal (soaked in water for 4-5 hours) also known as Bengal gram
- 1/2 teaspoon of mustard
- Some peanuts
- Curry leaves
- 12 pieces of Cashews
- Salt and Sugar to taste
- 2 tablespoon of sunflower oil
1. In a frying pan pour in the oil and heat it.
2. Add mustard, curry leaves, Cholar dal and Peanuts.
3. Fry them until it gets golden brown.
4. Add coconut scrap and stir it for few minutes.
5. Add the rice and mix it well with rest of the mixture in the pan.
6. Add salt and sugar to taste
7. Cover the pan with lid and keep it in simmer for a while.
8. Add cashew and mix it well.
9. Sever hot with lemon prickle