Simple White Cake Recipe
This recipe is another easy to make a cake for either everyday dessert or special occasions. It is created from scratch, but takes little time to put it together. You can bake it that afternoon and have it ready to go for an evening get together.
- 250g (8.8 oz) of white sugar
- 120g (4.2 oz) of butter
- 2 Eggs
- 10ml (.33 fl oz) of vanilla extract
- 350g (12.3 oz) of all purpose flour
- 9g (.31 oz) of baking powder
- 120ml (4 fl oz)of milk
- Preheat your oven to 175 degrees C.
- Prepare a 23X23 cm pan by greasing and flouring it, or use paper liners to line a muffin pan.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a medium size mixing bowl. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, then stir in the vanilla.
- After combining the flour and baking powder, mix well into the creamed mixture.
- Add the milk, stirring until the batter is smooth.
- Either pour or spoon the batter into the prepared pan of your choice. For a cake, bake 30 – 40 minutes at 175 degrees C.
- If you are making cupcakes, bake for 20 – 25 minutes.
- To test for doneness, touch lightly. If it springs back, it is done. Use any frosting of your choice to finish.
- This recipe makes 12 servings.