Banana Custard Pudding
Bananas have always been a favorite fruit to use in puddings. This recipe allows you to get the delicious taste of bananas in a custard consistency.
- 100g (3.5 oz) of Sugar
- 1 tsp of Cornstarch
- Pinch of Salt
- 350ml (12 fl oz) of Milk
- 3 Egg yolks, beaten
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 firm medium banana, sliced
- fresh mint (optional)
- Combine the sugar, salt, and cornstarch in a saucepan.
- Add milk gradually. Cook over medium heat, stirring until the mixture is boiling.
- Stir while cooking an additional 2 minutes.
- Take a small portion of this mixture and stir it into the egg yolks. Then return all of that to the pan.
- Continue cooking and stirring until desired thickness is reached.
- Remove from heat. Stir in the vanilla.
- Chill this for 1 hour.
- When ready to serve, fold in the banana slices and garnish with mint, if you desire.