Banana Split Cake
Banana Splits are a very popular and well-known ice cream dessert, but did you know it can also be done as a cake? It can and the recipe for how to create this amazing colourful and delicious desert is right here.
- 250g (8.8 oz) of all purpose flour
- 400g (14.10 oz) of margarine, softened
- 60g (2.10 oz) of pecans, chopped
- 2 Eggs
- 250g (8.8 oz) confectioners’ sugar
- 6 Bananas
- 500g (17.5 oz) can of crushed pineapple, drained
- 500g (17.5 oz) of frozen whipped topping, thawed
- Preheat your oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, 400g of margarine, and chopped pecans. Mix well.
- Press into the bottom of a pan. Bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let cool. In another large mixing bowl, combine the rest of the margarine, eggs, and confectioners’ sugar.
- Use an electric mixer and beat for 6 minutes or until the mixture is fluffy.
- Spread this over the cooled crust.
- Slice the bananas and arrange over the filling.
- Cover all with the whipped topping.
- Sprinkle with the chopped nuts.
- This recipe makes 24 servings.