I love Crab Rangoons! This is my twist on the deliciously rich and creamy favourite using crescent ring dough, which is perfect to serve at a party. The finished product will surely impress and will have people coming back for more. You can serve it with a bowl of sweet sauce, such as sweet chili sauce in the center for dipping.
2 cans crescent rolls (235 g/8 oz each – I used Pillsbury Crescent Rolls)
cream cheese at room temperature (450 g/16 oz)
1/4 cup sour cream
1 1/2 cup crab meat (you can use imitation crab)
3 green onions, sliced thinly
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tsp ginger, minced
2 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp sugar
1) Combine cream cheese, sour cream, Worcestershire sauce and sugar in a bowl.
2) Fold in remaining ingredients for the filling, except for the crescent rolls.
3) Place a small bowl in the center of a baking tray. Arrange the crescent rolls around the bowl in groups of eight, until you use up all 16 triangles.
4) Spoon out the filling around the bowl.
5) Wrap the filling with the rolls. You can leave small gaps in between the pieces, but keep in mind, large spaces may allow the filling to ooze out.
6) Bake the ring in the oven for 30 minutes at 375°F/190°C.
TIP: If your baking tray is thin, double it with another tray to prevent the bottom from burning.
7) Remove from oven. Let it cool for roughly 15 minutes before serving.
As I mention in the video, using imitation crab in the recipe will still create an amazingly delicious dish. I found that using real crab had a more authentic and intense flavour. Either way, it should turn out great!