Moong Dal Chilla are a typical pancakes popular in India. Usually served as breakfast or snacks, is healthy with high protein content. Main ingredient is yellow moong lentils and can be prepared quickly.
Preparation Time: 5 mins (excluding soaking time)
Cooking Time: 10 mins
- Yellow moong dal – 2 cups
- Green chillies – 4, chopped
- Asafoetida – a pinch
- Salt – as required
- Coriander- few
- Carrots: 1 chopped
- Oil – for cooking
- Water – 1 cup
1. Soak the moong dal for 3-4 hours or overnight.
2. Grind the soaked dal along with green chillies with 1 cup of water in a blender.
3. Add the asafoetida and salt with the dal paste.
4. Add a little oil to the non stick frying pan and heat it.
5. Take a little moong dal paste and spread on the pan about the size of a chapatti.
6. Smear a little oil around the mixture and cook for a few seconds till the side gets little brown and turn over to fry the other side.
7. Put the stuffing of carrot at the center and serve it hot.