Curd Fish is an awesome traditional food preparation that is mostly made in the eastern part of India including the regions of West Bengal, Orissa, Assam and Tripura. The most vital content of the dish is the rohu fish which one the most popular fishes around the eastern parts.
Doi Maach (Fish in Yogurt Sauce) is a typical Bengali dish which is light and easy to prepare. This is an ideal recipe to treat your guests on special occasions.
Doi Maach can served as a side dish along with rice.
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
- 500 gms of Rohu fish (Carp or Buffalo fish)
- 100gm of curd
- 2 pieces of medium sized finely chopped Onion
- 2 teaspoon of ginger paste
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric
- 5 tablespoon of Mustard oil
- Coriander leaves
- 2 pieces of green chiles
- 10. Garam masala (Mixture of 2 cinnamon, 2 cardamom and 2 cloves)
- In a frying add 3 tablespoon of Mustard Oil.
- Once the oil gets heated, fry the pieces of fish with a layer of turmeric and salt. Once the fishes get fired, keep it aside in a separate dish.
- Again add 2 tablespoon of mustard oil into the frying pan along with the garam masala.
- Now add the onion. When the onion gets golden brown, add ginger paste and turmeric, salt and sugar to taste; along with 2-4 tablespoon of water.
- Fry them for few minutes
- Add the curd along with 1 small cup of water and mix it well
- One it starts to boil, add the pieces of the fish along with chilies and put it in a simmer.
- Add coriander leaves for garnishing
- Serve hot with Basmati Rice