Skip to content
Apple Dapple Cake
- 3 Eggs
- 500g (18 oz) of Sugar
- 400 ml (14 fl oz) of Vegetable Oil
- 700g (25 oz) of Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Cinnamon
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 700g (25 oz) of Apples, chopped
- 200 g (7 oz) of Nuts
For Caramel topping:
- 250g (9 oz) of Brown Sugar, firmly packed
- 120g ( 4 oz) of Butter
- 120ml (4 fl oz) of Milk
Procedure for caramel toppings:
- Combine all the ingredients together in a sauce pan.
- Stir while heating until well blended.
- Boil for 2 minutes.
- Pour over a HOT Apple Dapple Cake.
Procedure for cake:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees C.
- Grease and flour a tube pan. Cream the sugar and eggs together.
- Add the oil and mix well.
- Next, combine all the dry ingredients.
- Add the chopped apples, nuts and vanilla, mixing together thoroughly.
- Pour into the prepared pan and cook until done.
- Test for doneness by inserting a toothpick or knife into the center of the cake.
- If the toothpick or knife comes out nearly clean, the cake is done.