Apple Crumb Pie
Everyone will love this next international favorite. Pies always hit the spot after a nice meal and this one is no different.
- 750 g (25 oz) of apples, thinly sliced
- 15ml (0.50 fl oz) of lemon juice
- 150g (5 oz) of white sugar
- 1 tablespoon of all-purpose flour
- 1g (.03 oz) of ground cinnamon
- 0.4g (.014 oz) of ground nutmeg
- 80g (3 oz) of raisins, if desired
- 60g (2 oz) of walnuts, chopped if desired
- 60g (2 oz) of all-purpose flour
- 110g (3.8 oz) of brown sugar, packed
- 50g (1.7 oz) of butter
- 20cm (7.9 inches) pie shell
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F or 190 degrees C.
- Put the sliced apples in a large bowl and sprinkle with the lemon juice.
- Next, put the white sugar, 2 tablespoons of flour, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a small mixing bowl.
- Mix well. Sprinkle this mixture over the apple slices.
- Toss all until the apples are coated evenly.
- Stir in the raisins and walnuts. Mix all together.
- Spoon this mixture into the pie shell.
- Mix ½ cup flour and the brown sugar in a small mixing bowl.
- Cut in the butter until the mixture is crumbly.
- Sprinkle this over the apple filling. Cover the top loosely with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Remove the foil and bake for 25 – 30 more minutes until the top is golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- This recipe serves 8.