Cherry Bars are a wonderful dessert and treat for adult gatherings as well as kids’ parties. They can also serve as tasty snacks with milk or hot tea. Elegant or fun, these bars cover it all. Give it a try and you’ll see.
- 225g (8 oz) of butter, softened
- 400g (14 oz) of sugar
- 4 eggs
- 5ml (.16 fl oz) of vanilla extract
- 1ml (.03 fl oz) of almond extract
- 375g (13.2 oz) of all purpose flour
- 6g (.20 oz) of salt
- 1200g ( 42 oz) cherry pie filling
- 120g (4.2 oz) confectioners’ sugar
- 3ml (.10 fl oz) of vanilla extract
- 3ml (.10 fl oz) of almond extract
- 30ml (1 fl oz) of milk
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F or 180 degrees C.
- Grease baking pan. In a mixing bowl, place butter and sugar.
- Cream together. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after adding each one.
- Add the vanilla and almond, beating to mix. In another bowl, combine the flour and salt.
- Add this to the creamed mixture. Mix together until it is combined.
- Spread 750ml of the batter into the greased baking pan.
- Spread this with the pie filling. Drop the remaining batter over the pie filling by teaspoonfuls. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- It is done when a toothpick inserted into the center of the bars comes out clear. Cool on a wire rack.
- Make the glaze and drizzle over the bars.
Once you try out these recipes, you will find out just out delicious they are. The first time you serve them to others, you can bet they will be in demand for all social events unless you decide to give out your recipes to others and let them make the desserts.