Veg Momos is a type of dumplings of vegetables. It is made with all purpose flour (or maida). This is a very delicious snack. The momos can be cooked either by steaming or deep frying. They are generally served with chili sauce.
Preparation Time:20-25 mins
Cooking Time: 20 mins
- All-purpose flour: 3 cups
- Oil: 1 tbsp
- Carrom Seeds (Azwain): 1 tsp
- Water : 3/4 cup or as required
- Salt to taste
For Vegetable Filling
- Cabbage : 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Carrot : 1/4 cup (grated)
- Spinach : 1/2 cup (finely chopped)
- Spring Onions : 1/4 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Garlic : 1 tsp (finely chopped)
- Green Chillies : 3-4 (finely chopped)
- Black Pepper Powder : 1/2-1 tsp (Freshly grounded)
- Garam masala powder:1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry the momos
1. In a large bowl combine flour, azwain, oil, salt, Add water gradually and knead until the dough becomes soft. Cover and let it stand for at least 30 min.
2. In another bowl, add all the finelly chopped vegetables and mix them. To this add salt, pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
3. Now divide the dough and shape into small balls and roll each ball with the rolling pin into a thin puri.
4. Spread a tablespoon of the filling on one half of the rolled out dough. Wet your finger and run it along the edges of the spread out dough with water and fold over to the opposite end, enclosing the stuffing to form a semi-circle shaped momo.
5. Press the ends firmly so that the filling doesnt come out during the deep frying process and twist the edges around the momo.
6. Heat enough oil in a wide vessel to deep fry the stuffed momos. Drop 3-4 momos into the oil slowly and deep fry them till golden brown, turn them carefully to the other side so that it cooks on all sides.
7. Deep fry on medium heat (not scalding hot oil).
8. Veg Momos are ready to serve.